Tuesday 23 March 2010

which celebrity do you really, really - meme


I have been tagged by dazmando (Bracknell Blog) on the "which celebrity do you really, really hate?" meme, so here, obviously, is a picture of "journalist" Kevin Maguire. But he is not a celebrity as such. Celebrities are people who are famous not for anything they have done but because of who they are, and I don't really hate any of them, because I can't be bothered to. But journalists are not accountable to anyone, and yet they tell us all what we should think, and otherwise apparently intelligent people quote what they say as if it is the truth. And I hate that. Now tagging Flashing Blade, Adrian Windisch and Was (of whose recent post more in due course).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well blow me down - spot on, Jane!

Excellent choice of slime ball!
Also fits my personal criteria that the said person should be an individual with no talent whatsoever.

But can we nominate a joint 'first'?

In which case, waddle forth Matthew Norman, erstwhile loo prog on The Guardian Diary.

Heaven on earth would be to see him joined to McGuire by the short and curlies in perpetuity and forced to engage in eternal bouts of naked mud wrestling.

Though the rest of us would have to be issued with shades. Otherwise we would be blinded by acres of lardy white male blubber.

Anonymous said...

Journalists are accountable to their editors and in a very small number of cases to the courts. They also put their lives at risk on countless occasions in various parts of the world as evidenced by the numbers who lose their lives each year. Obviously their work is not as important or indeed held in such high esteem as that of a blog owner or failed ex MP but I suppose that is a cross they will have to bare.

janestheone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janestheone said...

"a cross you will have to BEAR" I think you meant,anonymous 1136. One might almost think Mr Howarth was posting here, given the woeful lack of literacy. Surely not.

Anonymous said...

and who might Mr Howarth be? Do you think your blog is importanet enough for me to bother checking my grammar? or spelling and it's good to see you managed to find a lame excuse not answer my point.

Adrian Windisch said...

Piers Morgan springs to mind. But I dont want my blog to have a post.

'He is so vain, he probably thinks this post is about him'.

Anonymous said...

No, Jane. I rather think the poor speller was either Mr McGuire, or Mr Norman.

Neither of them like it up'em.

Adrian Windisch said...

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/ is quite good. I read this link re Morgan dodgy share deals http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/743843.stm

dazmando said...

Great Point Jane. I like it 80)