Thursday 18 November 2010

ha ha ha

Rob Wilson, the Conservative MP for Reading East, made me laugh out loud today when I read the Hansard of his recent intervention in the House.  I quote:

In my constituency, after 13 years of a Labour Government and a Labour council, and with two Labour MPs between 1997 and 2005,

Well, not quite, Rob. Your constituency had one Labour MP between 1997 and 2005, one MP, as all constituencies do.  Moi, as it happens.  But I can understand your words, given the pathological behaviour of Mr Salter during those years, who attempted regularly to pass himself off as the MP for Reading East, and who was heard to shout in the face of Michael Portillo, then an MP, when both were in Broad Street, Reading, in Reading East "You're in my f***ing constituency"!  I was within earshot and later apologised to Michael Portillo in the House on Salter's behalf.  I believe Mr Wilson had similar behaviour between 2005 and 2010.  I hope it was not done as thuggishly and aggressively towards him as it was towards me.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did your successor do it deliberately or was it a Freudian slip? I think we should be told!

janestheone said...

well I don't really care, laughs are often in short supply