Thursday 26 May 2011

close down teh internetz!

I found this post by Michael Ezra on Harry's Place.  I thought it merited reposting, and thank him for reading the Guardian so I don't have to.  I was going to fisk it, but it's nearly lunchtime and I'm hungry, so fisking will be minimal...

The Guardian has published an article on its website by Richard Hillgrove. He argues that “Facebook and Twitter must be reeled in” and that “they are going to have to introduce a delay mechanism so that content can be checked before it goes up.” He goes on to say that there needs to be “some sort of international arbitration set up, which the Americans would need to be involved in, and quickly.” US constitution amendments on freedom of speech mean such a thing impossible, dingbat

What he is effectively arguing for is that every Tweet, every Facebook status update, or comment below someone else’s status update, a wall post comment, or a comment on a picture, is checked by a suitably qualified person at Facebook and Twitter to ensure that it is in compliance with the law. can I have that job, like now?
It seems that Hillgrove is arguing, in all seriousness, for this to be done. It is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard or seen anyone mention on the business of super injunctions scandals. What amazes me further is why the Guardian published this piffle. doesn't amaze me.

btw didn't Mr Salter have a bill to close down the internet?  Oh.



No comments: