Sunday 18 July 2010

dance me to the end of...

could not get this to play directly on the blog, but it does if you copy and paste the link.  A Jewish man, aged 89, an Auschwitz survivor, dances at Auschwitz to "I Will Survive" with his daughter and grandchildren.  It made me applaud and it made me cry, and it shocked me a bit too.  Please watch if you can and if you have not already (I am a bit late in discovering it I suspect).  At the end, before he speaks, the opening bars of Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me To The End of Love" are played.  That song is about the Jewish orchestras in the camps.  It was played at my wedding in 1999.  Presumably the great Lenny knows all about this clip.  But thank you to everyone who did it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDQ7rTyKzBc&feature=player_embedded

No comments: