hat-tip Jonny for the notion.
What books have these plots? (Not difficult)
1. Teenage boy has dead brother. Takes dim view of just about everyone he knows except his ten-year-old sister.
2. Bloke escapes a disaster on a raft, accompanied by a Bengal tiger. Adventures ensue.
3. In totalitarian mock-future, bloke takes dim view of regime, gets brain trashed by torture and brainwashing, learns to love the leader and becomes a piss-head.
4. Swedish hacker girl - no, that one's too easy.
5. Rich dysfunctional couple swan around the Riviera drinking too much and going bonkers. She recovers from bonkersness, sort of. He falls apart and buggers off. Everyone is beautiful.
6. Two blokes take part in ballooning accident rescue. One bloke becomes obsessive stalker of other bloke. That's it.
7. Boy wizard - no, that one's too easy too.
Go on, answer these and post your own, in the comments or link to me on your own site.