Sunday 8 January 2012

Priors Gardens - the story of the book

Flashing Blade has posted about the story of the book I wrote, published yesterday.  He is right to do so, because it was his idea in the first place.  It came from a missed flight (not our fault) which left us at a loose end one afternoon in west London.  On the rather long Tube journey out to South Ruislip, where I spent most of the first seven years of my life, I told him about the two girls my age who were my neighbours there, and what I knew or thought had become of them.  Two at least of the three of us became quite famous in our way.  So he said, this is a great story.  So I wrote it.  It is fiction.  Knowing those families and especially those other two girls inspired me to write it, but the characters are fictional.  Read it.

No comments: